Metallic mercury poses health risks from inhalation and skin exposure. Tubular or compact fluorescent bulbs contain small amounts of the metal mercury sealed inside. If florescent bulbs are broken, small amounts of mercury will be released into the environment. Proper cleanup will reduce workers’ exposure to the low levels of mercury anticipated when a fluorescent bulb is accidentally broken.
For more information or questions on the dangers and proper clean up of fluorescent bulbs call Doug Marshall at 800-828-8487.